Last Modified: July 24, 2018
- On our Connected Offerings.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Connected Offerings.
- Through any of our products for use with our Connected Offerings (“Related Products”), such as thermostats or water quality testing devices that are accessible through the Internet to our Connected Offerings.
3. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Connected Offerings and Related Products are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Connected Offerings or Related Products. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Connected Offerings or Related Products, make any purchases through our Connected Offerings or Related Products, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Connected Offerings or Related Products, if any, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our connected offerings and related products, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation, company, job title (“Personal Information”)
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the desktop computer, tablet computer, cell phone, or other electronics devices (“Devices”) you use to access our Connected Offerings, and usage details.
- That is location-based.
- Collected by Related Products, such as location-based information, environmental information such as temperature of the location where the Related Product is installed or used, or water quality test results.
- You provide about products (including products, such as a backflow prevention valve, manufactured and/or sold by Watts) that have been installed, including product serial numbers, product warranties, product service and testing information, and images and locations of the installed products.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Directly from you when you register your Related Product for use with our Connected Offerings.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Connected Offerings. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- Automatically from Related Products that you register with Watts.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
- When you use our Connected Offerings or Related Products to scan labels, such as QR codes, take images, determine locations, or record other information needed by the Connected Offerings.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Connected Offerings may include:
- Information that you provide to use our Connected Offerings or Related Products, such as while creating an account through our Connected Offerings, including Personal Information.
- In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Connected Offerings and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Connected Offerings.
- Your search queries on the Connected Offerings.
- Information related to your use of our Connected Offerings or Related Products, such as backflow testing results.
- Data you have entered into our Connected Offerings or Related Products to perform your work. For example, this data may be related to your customers, their products, such as backflow devices, the location of the products, installation of their products, and tests performed on the products, as well as related information.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Connected Offerings, we may automatically collect certain information about your Related Products, Devices, usage, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Connected Offerings, or use of our Related Products, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Connected Offerings.
- Information about your Devices and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical. It helps us to improve our Connected Offerings and Related Products and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Connected Offerings according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Connected Offerings.
- Track where and when products are installed and the service and testing history of the products.
- Determine how customers use our products, including our Connected Offerings and Related Products.
- Learn how to improve our products, including our Connected Offerings and Related Products, based on customer use and preferences.
- Provide product recommendations. For example, we may use water quality testing results submitted through our Connected Offerings and Related Products to recommend water filter products.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. We currently do not use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Connected Offerings. However, certain features of our Connected Offerings may eventually use Flash cookies. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Flash cookies can be disabled through the Adobe Flash Player Settings manager.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Connected Offerings may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Watts, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Connected Offerings statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Connected Offerings content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. To help analyze how visitors use our Connected Offerings we may use Google Analytics, which places cookies on your Device to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of our Connected Offerings is transmitted to Google. This information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for our Connected Offerings only. We use these reports to evaluate aggregate visitor usage so that we can optimize the content, and its marketing, to better meet your needs. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
5. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- For the purpose of employment consideration if you have submitted a job application or inquiry.
- To present our Connected Offerings and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or subscribe to.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Connected Offerings or any Related Products.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, if any, on our Connected Offerings.
- To facilitate the functioning of your registered Related Products.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Such information will be maintained by Watts for a period that is reasonably necessary for the purposes collected.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates and any successors, as permitted and in accordance with any applicable laws.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Connected Offerings, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other reasonable purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Watts, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Otherwise as permitted by applicable law
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Watts. If you wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Watts to promote our products or services, you can “opt-in” by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the contact form/order form/registration form), if any, on our Connected Offerings. You may “opt-out” at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. In addition, whenever we contact you via email, we will provide instructions on how to unsubscribe, or opt-out, so that you will not receive any future emails.
- Registration of Related Products. If you do not wish to have information collected via your Related Product, you can choose not to register your Related Product or contact us to de-register your Related Product. Be advised, however, that failing to register or de-registering your Related Product will deactivate certain functions of your Related Product (e.g., ability to remotely access your thermostat to adjust temperature and/or remotely provide you with notification of temperature changes).
8. Your California Privacy Rights and Our Do Not Track Notice
Watts does not track you over time and across the Web to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. But we may use third party services, such as Google Ad Words, which do track you over time and across the Web to provide targeted advertising. Your browser can be set to DNT to stop such tracking.
California permits users of our Connected Offerings that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Anti-Spam Law and Email Opt-Outs
When you submit an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services on any of Watts' Connected Offerings, or otherwise request information, you will be asked to provide prior express consent for Watts to send you “commercial electronic messages” (CEMs), which includes text messages, e-mail messages, etc. If you do not provide such consent, we may not be able to respond to your inquiry. You may thereafter opt-out of receiving further CEMs by unsubscribing using instructions contained in the CEMs or by sending an e-mail stating your request to opt-out to email@example.com.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Payment transactions, if any, will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Any Personal Information you provide to Watts when submitting an online form for job applications, inquiries, or registering for products and services at any of Watts' Connected Offerings is maintained and accessible only by Watts' employees, contractors and authorized sales representatives who we believe reasonably need to access that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs, unless specifically stated otherwise.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Connected Offerings, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and storage of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavor to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Connected Offerings or through any Related Products. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Connected Offerings or any Related Products.
11. International Visitors
If you are accessing our Connected Offerings from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. and Canadian laws, then please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and/or Canada and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
Canadian visitors, users and customers should be aware that we store some of their personal information in the United States, and such information is subject to the laws and lawful disclosure requirements of the jurisdiction(s) where it is stored. In addition, some of our contractors, service providers and other third parties who support our business are also located in the United States.
12. Contact Information
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail: Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
815 Chestnut St.
North Andover, MA
By Phone: Tel: (978)688-1811 Fax: (978)794-1848
You can also contact us, as indicated above, if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, if you wish to access and/or correct your personal information, and/or to withdraw your consent to our continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information (subject to reasonable notice and any other applicable legal limitations).
Thank you for using our Connected Offerings and Related Products.